Sunday, August 24, 2014

Transitions

The privilege of having my own studio in the basement has been replaced with the grace of having my own spot behind the couch of my new living room.






<-- Moving from my old studio


MOVING DAY IN PROVO


To my new studio -->








Honestly, though, I'm just grateful to still have a spot of my own to paint and jam out. (Notice the cool headphones.) I'd like to say that I paint to audiobooks and TED talks. And sometimes I do. Sometimes, though, it's more fun to zone out to some good music. My friends have sent in playlists of their favorite artists, as such I've become a bit of an enthusiast. I'm seeing Ed Sheeran and Rudimental on Tuesday, Vance Joy and London Grammar in November. Do you have any suggestions? I promise I'll think of you while I listen.

I'm making good progress on the verdaccio. Darin helped me fix the angle of the eyes--since remember the eyes must be parallel to the line beneath the nose which must be parallel to the line that parts the lips. Mine were originally a bit wonky.


That hair though. It's driving me crazy. I ended up blacking out the left side, I'll start over once I get back to Provo. Darin advised me to just black out the parts I don't like, but... well... I kind of took his advice.

I've started thinking about my own work. I'm still refining my craft, but I don't plan on only doing Renaissance reproductions. My dad took a cool picture of my eye with his new full frame that might be fun to paint, and I may consider doing a blow up of this little girl's hands. Painting body parts, though, will only do for so long, haha, so we'll see what else I come up with.

Thoughts?

Love \\ Christelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...