Friday, May 30, 2014

Done!

I finished my painting.

Well... I finished painting my painting. Really what that means is that I finished putting paint on the board, and now I have to wait for it to dry before I can glaze it and really call it done. Even then, I have about another six months to wait before its second and final coat of glaze but that's a different story.

I finished my first painting!!!

How did I know it was done? There was nothing else I wanted to do to it. I sat back and just stared.

The first thing I did was text my dad. After congratulating me and digitally celebrating with me he said, "celebrate it with a nice French pastry. :)"

So I did :)

I seriously thought I was about to cry, how silly is that. I think I've put in 60-70 hours on this painting, maybe more I stopped counting a long time ago. I'm sure a year from now I'll be able to pick it apart, but right now, right this moment, I am happy beyond belief.
I finished my first painting.



Love \\ Christelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...