Monday, June 9, 2014

Just Another Day In Paradise

We introduced two new students to the studio today-Natalie, Darin's realtor, and Josh, Ally's hiking buddy. 


Natalie was ready to jump in. We set her up at the computer and had her look through a few Bouguereaus. She connected with paintings that included young sisters as they were emblamatic of her two young daughters--A fourteen year old and an eleven year old. She's helping Darin close a deal on a new house-which will have a new studio ;) and like everyone else that walks through his studio, she became enamored by the art, the process, and Darin.


Ally met Josh on a hike and my guess is that she began telling him about painting. He walked in as a spectator and walked out a student. I remember thinking we were throwing so much information at him, and that less than a year ago I was in his position soaking it all in-- in awe of the talent around me and ignorant of my own potential. He's got a great eye we're excited to have him.

Last Wednesday Darin won two Best of State awards which makes him an eight time best of state winner. To give you some context, Darin is friends with Greg Olsen, and Darin beat Greg Olsen for the top spot. He would never brag about it, so I'm taking the liberty of doing it for him.




The entire studio was high off of sweet/pine-y glaze fumes. Kelly glazed "Coach"


...and I glazed my cherubs.






Love \\ Christelle







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...