Sunday, April 26, 2015

This weekend I graduated college.






My dad flew out from California and over the course of two and half days, I gave him a grand tour of Provo, Utah. My dad, in true parental fashion, listened as I talked his ear off, and snapped who knows how many pictures of me in Provo, and most importantly me in my cap and gown.

I could get really sappy but I don't think graduation will really feel real until I leave Provo for good. As anxious as I am to leave this town, it's still been my home for the last five years, and there are surely people and places that I'll miss.

Now that my undergraduate career is over, I'm looking forward to graduate school. I'm waiting to hear back from one more school before I make my final decision, but the one thing I do know is that I will studying for a Masters in Statistics in Europe this Fall. Crazy.






As for my art, some of you may know that I officially finished the underpainting phase of my Dream of St. Joseph, but this weekend, I also finished the underpainting portion of Bouguereau's "Little Girl."

The next step is color. I've spent a great deal of time mixing and tubing colors so I can have fresh paint every time I work. Every artist knows that there's nothing quite like painting with fresh paint.

It's the little things that will now make the difference between a good painting and a great painting. This summer I'll be working hard in the studio, but I'll also be doing some hardcore reading. Thanks to finals week, I have stacks of used books on the craft, on the history of the craft, on the art market, waiting to be read.

Years ago, an old friend asked me what I was passionate about. I told him about all the subjects I was interested in learning, and all the ideas I wish I knew. He told me, "that's not passion." He said that when you're passionate about something, you can't keep the information away from you. Everywhere you look there's more knowledge to get your hands on. I don't even think he remembers this conversation, but I've though a lot about it over this last year.

Anyway, I'm rambling a little. Happy summer everyone.



Love \\ Christelle


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...