Sunday, July 20, 2014

Trying Again

My "Little Girl" reproduction was not turning out right. The hair was off, the eyes were dark and creepy, she wasn't even really looking up the way she was supposed to. I had half a mind to erase it all and start over, until I decided to redraw my guidelines.

Students in art academies during the renaissance period couldn't pick up a paintbrush until they had completed a serious study of drawing for 7-8 years. When first starting out, students would have a frame with guidelines made of string, placed in front of their still life or model. That same guideline would be drawn on their board or canvas. Over time, the professor would cut the string, eventually leaving the student capable of drawing without a guideline.

All my strings are still intact.

I spent all of Saturday afternoon drawing, fixing what could easily have been done correctly the first time. I'd been impatient.

"If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?"
-John Wooden




It's still in progress but I think it looks much better now. Can you tell which boxes I've worked on, and which still need to be redone? I will (hopefully) be ready for verdaccio next week!

Love \\ Christelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...